Meeting in Orlando? I-Drive has all of the components for successful meetings
There are many reasons to choose the International Drive Resort Area in Orlando as the site for successful meetings and events. Flexible convention space, a wide range of accommodations, top-rated airports and convention center and sophisticated retail, dining and entertainment districts make it a top pick among meeting planners.
A few facts:
- The area is home to six of the world’s greatest theme parks: SeaWorld®, Discovery Cove®, Aquatica, SeaWorld's Water Park®, Universal Studios®, Islands of Adventure® and Universal's Volcano Bay™; 35 additional thrilling attractions; four entertainment complexes; 55 music, comedy and nightlife venues; three stadium-style movie cinemas; shopping at more than 600 designer, brand-name and outlet stores; more than 275 restaurants; 120 hotels and resorts; the convenient and affordable I•RIDE Trolley Service.
- The Orange County Convention Center (OCCC) is the 2nd largest convention center in the U.S.The award-winning facility provides a multitude of event options in two beautiful facilities - the West Building and the North/South Building - for a combined offering of 2.1 million-square feet of exhibition space. Details.
- Four major convention hotels are connected to the OCCC by covered walkway bridges providing access to over 5,185 premium hotel rooms. These include the Hyatt Regency Orlando, Rosen Center, Rosen Plaza, and Hilton Orlando.
- Choices of accommodations in all budget categories may be made from more than 120 hotels and resorts for a total of 47,500 rooms.
- Orlando has again been named the No. 1 meetings destination in the country, according to Cvent’s 2017 Top Meetings Destination list. After evaluating booking activity for more than 5,000 U.S. cities from the Cvent Supplier Network, the rankings placed Orlando in the top spot for the fifth time in six years. Orlando leads for a variety of reasons including affordability, accessibility, quality and variety of facilities, alongside the unforgettable experiences attendees enjoy.
- Orlando International Airport (MCO) is located within 15 miles of the Orange County Convention Center and I-Drive’s attractions and accommodations.
- Parking the car and getting around the I-Drive area is a breeze with the popular I-Ride Trolleys that run throughout the area from 8 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. daily. Single rides and unlimited ride passes are available.
- A variety of exciting spouse programs may be tailored to the specific interests of the group with golf, shopping, spas, attractions, restaurants and more.
For information on planning a meeting or vacation in the International Drive Resort Area, visit www.InternationalDriveOrlando.com.